New Node-Red Plugin! Version 1.1.0

Today we are announcing that we have released a new Node-RED version for Thinger.io! :partying_face: :star_struck:

It can be installed both directly in a self-hosted Node-RED instance, or directly as a Thinger.io plugin on private IoT Cloud Instances.

Highlights

• Now it is possible to use Bucket Reading functionality to extract data periodically from Data Buckets and perform any required analysis, i.e, aggregating data every hour to check trends, detect minimums, maximums, and apply custom IoT rules to your data.

• We have created a device callback Node that supports auto-provisioning. It is possible to call the Node with the device identifier, and a payload, and the node will automatically generate the device (if it does not exists), its bucket, and will insert the data into it. So, It is possible to create Thinger.io devices from external sources easily.

• The plugin UI has been improved a lot to support dynamic resource selection from your Thinger.io account, so it is possible to select and search from a dropdown your devices, groups, types, endpoints, resources, properties, buckets, etc.

• Now there are nodes fo reading and writing to properties from your devices, or assets.

• Improved nodes documentation on Node-RED

• Last but not least, now it is possible to scale the flows much more easily. In previous versions, Thinger.io nodes required to be configured from the UI input boxes to set a fixed a device, a given endpoint, etc. Now, it is possible to leave the node configuration empty in the UI and pass the configuration parameters over an input message, so, the same flow can be used for unlimited Thinger.io resources.

Changes

• Updated Node-RED version to 2.0.6
  • Updated Node.js to version 14
  • New bucket create node
  • New bucket read node
  • New property read node
  • New property write node
  • New device create node
  • New device callback node
  • Dynamic selection for existing devices, groups, types, endpoints, resources, properties and buckets
  • Filtering over the dynamic selection of resources

Improved

• Endpoint call node now returns the output of the call
  • Standardized node technincal documentation for help dialog
  • Endpoint call has now output
  • Device write has now output
  • Ordered nodes in palette
  • Added paletteLabel to nodes

Security

• Migrated deprecated request dependency to internal http/https

Thinger.io for Node-RED page:

Thinger.io Node-RED documentation:

2 Likes

I am unable to find any documentation on what parameters to pass into a bucket read. I have successfully guessed at msg.bucket msg.aggregation msg.aggregation_type but unable to guess what to use for start and end time stamps.
info/more on the object in node red gives you the input property names but these dont work when they have capitals in them for instance aggregation_type works but property says it is aggregationType

Hi @Intel1 ,

The documentation regarding all available fields of the nodes can be found in the help tab of node red’s sidebar. By selecting the desired node you’ll get a description of the input fields, output and any other information. Here you can find a description on how to find the documentation.

I’ll quote from the help menu regarding the timestamp values, which would be msg.max_ts and msg.min_ts:

The fields msg.max_ts and msg.min_ts allow any string which javascript Date objects can interpret, find more info here. It is recommended to use Epoch timestamp or UTC date for clarity.

The HTML names of the available fields don’t necessarily match against the allowed input by message field due to different convention namings, but most match your example for aggregation_type and aggregationType, as you’ve already found, is not the case of the timestamps fields as in the editor they are composed of two different fields, one for date and another for time.

Let me know if you need any more help.