Today we are announcing that we have released a new Node-RED version for Thinger.io!
Now it is possible to use Bucket Reading functionality to extract data periodically from Data Buckets and perform any required analysis, i.e, aggregating data every hour to check trends, detect minimums, maximums, and apply custom IoT rules to your data.
We have created a device callback Node that supports auto-provisioning. It is possible to call the Node with the device identifier, and a payload, and the node will automatically generate the device (if it does not exists), its bucket, and will insert the data into it. So, It is possible to create Thinger.io devices from external sources easily.
The plugin UI has been improved a lot to support dynamic resource selection from your Thinger.io account, so it is possible to select and search from a dropdown your devices, groups, types, endpoints, resources, properties, buckets, etc.
Now there are nodes fo reading and writing to properties from your devices, or assets.
Improved nodes documentation on Node-RED
Last but not least, now it is possible to scale the flows much more easily. In previous versions, Thinger.io nodes required to be configured from the UI input boxes to set a fixed a device, a given endpoint, etc. Now, it is possible to leave the node configuration empty in the UI and pass the configuration parameters over an input message, so, the same flow can be used for unlimited Thinger.io resources.
- Updated Node-RED version to 2.0.6
- Updated Node.js to version 14
- New bucket create node
- New bucket read node
- New property read node
- New property write node
- New device create node
- New device callback node
- Dynamic selection for existing devices, groups, types, endpoints, resources, properties and buckets
- Filtering over the dynamic selection of resources
- Endpoint call node now returns the output of the call
- Standardized node technincal documentation for help dialog
- Endpoint call has now output
- Device write has now output
- Ordered nodes in palette
- Added paletteLabel to nodes
- Migrated deprecated request dependency to internal http/https
Thinger.io for Node-RED page:
Thinger.io Node-RED documentation: