Yun Auth Credentials failure

Hello,
I apologize if I had to ask basic information, but I could not find any suggestions regarding the problem I am encountering.
My goal is to use Thinger.io through an Arduino Yun.
I defined the device in Thinger.io and used a simple sketch to control the switching on and off of a led lamp.
However, the device is always disconnected.
I verified (and changed) the credentials of the device, but the device still does not authenticate, as on the other hand confirmed by the debug log:

I am sure of the correctness of the authentication data.
I only noticed that the username in the log is lowercase. Actually the value entered in the sketch is “GrowinoThinger”, because it is the user name related to my account.
What kind of test would you advise me to do?

Thank you so much for the support.

Hi @GrowinoThinger, can you share your sketch? Without the user credentials… In the meanwhile, you can try to disable the SSL connection, as stated in the Arduino documentation. Is this the new Arduino Yun (released this year)?.

Hi @alvarolb,
thank you very much for your quick reply.
I followed your directions and therefore excluded the TLS connection.
As you can see from the following log, the (disable TLS) setting is correctly applied, but an exception immediately follows. There is no reference to an authentication error: it is apparently more generic.

this is the link to the simple sketch of the test I wrote.

The device is an Arduino YUN of the first series produced (actually the one currently withdrawn from the sale in the arduino.cc store).
This is the link.

Thank you.

@alvarolb,
I would like to update you on the fact that now (without TLS) the Yun device was perfectly able to connect with Thinger.io, as you can see from the following image:

Could it be necessary in some way to register a certificate within Arduino Os? Was it ever necessary to do it in other devices similar to mine?

Thanks

Hi @GrowinoThinger/@alvarolb I’m experiencing exactly the same problem. Could you please tell me how to disable TLS/SSL on the YUN?

Many thanks in advance

Best

Found the answer in another topic, posting just in case it helps another Yun user.

In orther so solve the issue just add the following definition at the beginin of your Yun sketch:

#define DISABLE_TLS

Enjoy!

1 Like