I’m increasingly using the NodeRed plugin on the Thinger Server. The possibilities are fantastic!
Would it be feasible to create a Volume between Docker (NodeRED) and File Storages (Host)?
I think the NodeRED Plugin could have an option that allows enabling the creation of a Volume or linking to an existing Volume in File Storages.
I think the possibilities are many:
- Allow access to files (.html, .json, .docx…) inside the function node;
- Ensure the persistence of files, after the NodeRED plugin container/docker is disabled and enabled;
- Save encrypted files with Credentials on the Volume, instead of putting the credentials in NodeRED code;
- Allow interaction and exchange of files between NodeREDs plugins of different users (in particular, files that store query information to be used in nodes [eg JSON file with email address, whatsapp, sms…], avoiding its duplication in each NodeRed plugin);
- Allow NodeRED file exchange with other Thinger Plugins.
- Allow installing the NodeRED plugin based on a pre-set configuration file (eg package.json) that is stored on the volume (so that the plugin is deployed with dependency, packages… installed)?
Insert option here:
What do you think?