ThingerWebConfig Bug

I am using ThingerWebConfig library and at start it runs perfectly, I can enter all credentials and it is saved to the device. Once the internet goes down (internet down not wifi off) the device gets stuck and can’t reconnect to thinger server when internet is back. It doesn’t reconnect until I hard reset the device.
Any idea what should be done? It should be handled within the library not using a watchdog.

Hi, can you enable the Debug of the sketch and try forcing to down Internet? The reconnection mechanism should be covered…

This is what appears on monitor:

[NETWORK] Starting connection…
[_CONFIG] Mounting FS…
[_CONFIG] FS Mounted!
[_CONFIG] Opening Config File…
[_CONFIG] Config File is Open!
[_CONFIG] Config File Decoded!
[_CONFIG] User: ------
[_CONFIG] Device: ------
[_CONFIG] Credential: ------
[_CONFIG] Starting Webconfig…

1 Like

@MagedNassar were you able to fix the issue? How? I’m facing a similar problem as described here:

Hi,

First of all let me tell you that thinger.io isn’t your best choice as it lacks community support and in their forums it usually seems like everyone is dead, no one helps you, no one responds to you. For me, I switched to Blynk which is a fantastic back-end if you try it.
Second thing, the problem, the only solution to it is to use watch dog timer which will restart your device when it gets stuck being unable to reconnect to the router. If you don’t want to restart the device, you will have to go deep into the library and modify it to work, this choice will take a hell load of effort.

many thanks for your return and suggestion. A watchdog would be too much for my application. I tend to agree with you regarding the weak traction of Thinger.io . I have considered Blynk but it too expensive for my actual needs.

Regards.

Blynk is free if you run it on your own server and you can deploy it easily on google cloud. This way you get infinite number of points.

Thanks again for your suggestion. Will consider…