Sqlite in NodeRED flow

Hello, @jaimebs

I would like to know if it is possible to install NodeRed’s SQLite palettes and store the SQLite file in File Storage?
I would like to use SQLite to save and query data from the NodeRED stream. Ex: Store data for analysis and reporting.

I could try, but I’m afraid of breaking my Thinger Server if something goes wrong. So I would like to know if it is possible.
Link: NodeRed’s SQLite palette and Plugin SQLite

Hi @George_Santiago

The only way to access files from File Storage in Node-RED is to use the storage-read and storage-write nodes.

Take into account that the environments of Node-RED plugin and Thinger.io server are completely separate, so you would need to find a way to read from the file storage, save it locally into the Node-RED plugin environment and after any modification make sure to persist it into the file storage, as a server reboot, or node red plugin reboot or update is subject to lose all information from the local plugin environment.

In regards to breaking the Thinger Server, it’s unlikely, but there is a possibility in breaking the Node-RED plugin, which should be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling it again.

If you go ahead with this, there is a feature in Node-RED to export your flows, so you can save them somewhere else while testing.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know.

This is what I’m afraid of as I imported an example (JSON) from NodeRED and my NodeRED plugin broke and my Thinger server went offline. Only after emailing support did the Thinger Server come back online.