Show correct location on asset map

Hello

I have set up some devices and added a location to the device properties, the location of the device is now accurately shown on the device map.

However, when I look at the Asset Overview map the devices locations are shown many 10’s or 100’s of kilometres away from where the location property is set. How can I change this to show the correct location?

Thanks

Mark

Hi @MarkAustin902, will take a look on it. It seems the assets maps are taking the location from the connection, and not from the location property, which is not precise 100%.

Hello @alvarolb

Has there been any further development with showing the actual location of devices on the Asset Overview?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @alvarolb

Have there been any updates to correctly show the device location on the Asset Overview?

I have just taken a look and my devices are still showing 100’s of miles away from the actual location (this is because I am using GPRS connection).

The Asset Overview map needs to take the location from the device property.

P.S. I have just implemented the automatic update of the device location property, as per https://docs.thinger.io/features/devices-administration#coding-with-properties

Thank you

Mark

Hi @MarkAustin902, yes, it was implemented on 4.5.3 version. In order to make it work correctly, you must remove/create the location property, or update it with newer values. This will override the geo-ip location.