Rescale sigfox data

Hi everyone, i’ve already set a callback on my profile in [thinger.io]

setting from sigfox callback portal the json body but one of my values like the themperature, coming from the device need to be rescaled and i want to do it from the json body but sigfox doesn’t permit math calculations on it.

how can i subract from my {customData#TempInt} a value like 5 for example…
Is there any way to do it from by bucket or the dashboard?

Now i receve in my cloud the value of the temp, like 38 but i want to see 8 (38 - 30 )

Thanks

Hy @sistralsrl,

Unfortunately, this is not possible right now only with the platform, but it will soon (so stay tuned). By the time, maybe you can create a nodeRED instance using the version that is in our github and process it… or retrieve the data with other WiFi device, process it and store in a new bucket, it is easy but not very scalable.

Best regards

Hi,

I am also integrating data from Sigfox device to the platform. In most situation, it requires some mathematical function to convert the data to a actual value, e.g. reported value is 245 while the actual temperature is 245/10 = 24.5.

Is it possible to implement mathematical functions in thinger.io platform?

Hello @alfred.wong,

Yes!! now all of this work can be done with Thinger.io, thanks to our “Sigfox Plugin”, you can check all new features such as automatic device and bucket provisioning, uplink and downlink support and cloud processing at the documentation HERE

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for the answer. From the document, “Plugins are only available for private Thinger.io instances”. So, it is required to select “private cloud deployment” (https://trincado.do.thinger.io/#!/accounts). Am I right?

For the private cloud instance, the “maker” plan supports only 1 plugin. Does it mean it support only 1 Sigfox device type?

Hello @alfred.wong,

Yes, it is required to subscribe and deploy a Thinger.io Server instance to install any plugin. The “maker” plan only supports 1 plugin, this means that you can launch Node-RED plugin, or the TTN/Sigfox integration plugin but no more than 1 at the same time.

However, the Sigfox plugin is able to create as many “device Types” as required and there is no device limits so don’t worry about that :slightly_smiling_face: