Question about Thinger Server

Hello I have been using thinger for about 2-3 years. Thank you so much for this amazing platform.
But few months ago I started using thinger-maker-server on my aws instance on ubuntu.
But I want to install it on Docker, why there is no docker support available? I would be great.
and also the SSL is not working with Endpoints.

Best Regards.

Hello @thespacesiddhesh

Actually the On-premise Docker supported server instance is going to be released on january, solving also this and other problems the good old maker server had.

stay tuned!

Has the thinger maker server completely been discontinued? can it still be downloaded?

Hello @Kwb13,

Old Snap Maker Server is completely discontinued, but the Dockerized one is available, please check de documentation above : https://docs.thinger.io/deployment/on-premise

Is there any way i can still access it? i need to repair my installation after a failed SD Card. I do not want to go the docker route just yet…

Hello @Kwb13,

unfortunately it is not possible, but the installation of docker and the new server will takes you less than 5 minutes, so don’t worry… go for it, and do not hesitate on writting us if you need any help.

It appears that the new docker install does not support ARM architectures / pi anymore? The docker compose just balks, and when I pull the thinger/server image, even if i specify the platform, it just pulls an amd64 version.

Hello @M_M,

You are right, it doesn’t support ARM arquitectures yet, but we are working on it. As soon as the compilation is ready we will make it public in our blog and documentation

best

if the (dockerized) newer version doesn’t support ARM arch, then can I have the older maker-server which did work on ARM ? Because I really want it & I was not able to found the thinger-maker-server on snapcraft. I mean it really doesn’t matter for me if it does not have any newer features but I want it for my Home Setup… Thanks.