It is true that all this information is a little lacking at the moment in our documentation. We are working on it now that we are launching a major revision of the service. However you can find down below an expert’s impressions to your questions
1. thinger.io ready to go cloud infrastructure, is this on AWS?
yes, the on-demand image is ready to be launch and start deploying IoT devices within minutes.
2. what are the usecases deployed using thinger.io platform?
There are more than 30.000 users of thinger.io technology from all over the world, with multiple use cases as data monitorization+traceability+reporting, Industrial facility management+Automation/remote controlling, Hotels infrastructure digitalization, Smart home appliances, etc. We are preparing also a new use cases list for our home, so stay tuned.
3. do we have option for OTA updates in thinger.io? This feature is in alfa version right now, hope to be released during 2020.
4. can we import data from other external systems and view/analyze in thinger.io? Yes, but right now there is not possible to ingest massive data from files, note that this is an IoT platform created to retrieve data from IoT real devices or other sources.
5. can we customize thinger.io to add more features? Yes, using thinger.io plugins system it is possible to develop and deploy ad-hoc extensions to the basic IoT infrastructure.
6. do we have white labeling support? Yes, you can customize the web console with your brand colors, logotype and web domain. But this feature is only available over private instances.
7. can devices talk to thinger.io platform using HTTPS, MQTTS, COAPS protocols? Yes, directly over HTTP but, MQTT and COAP are only available using an extension plugin.
8. do we have separate user interface for admin and end-user(customer)? Yes, private instance has a user administration/assets interface
Hope you find this useful, if you need additional commercial information don’t hesitate on writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you asap.