Problem with ThingerWebConfig

Hi,
I am working on a project that I am going to share to the community here. it is a garage door opener with ultrasound monitoring. I have almost complete the main functionalities but when I try to add ThingerWebConfig I got the following compiling error:

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Linux), Board: “WeMos D1 R2 & mini, 80 MHz, 921600, 4M (3M SPIFFS)”

In file included from /home/szormpas/Arduino/echoGarage_beta/echoGarage_beta.ino:6:0:
/home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/thinger.io/src/ThingerWebConfig.h:57:18: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void pson_spiffs_encoder::write(const void*, size_t)'
virtual void write(const void* buffer, size_t size){
^
In file included from /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/thinger.io/src/thinger/thinger.h:27:0,
from /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/thinger.io/src/ThingerClient.h:27,
from /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/thinger.io/src/ThingerWebConfig.h:27,
from /home/szormpas/Arduino/echoGarage_beta/echoGarage_beta.ino:6:
/home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/thinger.io/src/thinger/pson.h:832:22: error: overriding 'virtual bool protoson::pson_encoder::write(const void*, size_t)'
virtual bool write(const void* buffer, size_t size){
^
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: /home/szormpas/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/ESP8266WiFi
Using library DNSServer at version 1.1.0 in folder: /home/szormpas/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/DNSServer
Using library ESP8266WebServer at version 1.0 in folder: /home/szormpas/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/ESP8266WebServer
Using library WiFiManager at version 0.12 in folder: /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/WiFiManager
Using library thinger.io at version 2.5.8 in folder: /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/thinger.io
Using library NewPing in folder: /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/NewPing (legacy)
Using library SimpleTimer in folder: /home/szormpas/Arduino/libraries/SimpleTimer (legacy)
exit status 1
Error compiling for board WeMos D1 R2 & mini.

Any idea what is the issue and how can I fix it ? I am a newbie.
Thanks
Sotirios

Hi, I just published a new version of the library (2.5.9) that fix this bug introduced after the pson library udpate. It should be available for update from the Arduino IDE in the next hours… or you can just download from the Github.

Bests! Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the quick fix. I will give it a try today and let you know…

Yes! it works just fine. I will post my project soon…

Great! Nice you got it working! :wink:

Hi alvaro,

thanks for your help. You can see my project post here.

Best Wishes
Sotirios