Problem receiving data from devices

In the last few days I have encountered errors in reading the properties of remote devices.
I did a debug analysis on my Android app and I verified that the format of the received Json packets has changed.
Are there any malfunctions in this period or have any changes been made on servers that lead to consequent changes to the app code? I am using the url https://blulogica.aws.thinger.io/.
Thank you

Hi @qsegreti ,

Your instance has been updated today, just 3 hours before your post. Have you encountered this issue from this moment or do you think it’s been happening before?

Also, could you give us more details on the JSON you are expecting vs the one you are receiving, and the query you are executing, so we can look further into the matter.

Regards!

Hi jaimebs.

A user told me that the problem had already occurred before, perhaps the previous day.

I illustrate an example of an error, on a get that has always worked correctly before:

https://blulogica.aws.thinger.io:443/v2/users/Blulogica/devices/5/Flag alarm? authorization = …

The result of this get I should handle it here:

@Override
public void onResponse (JSONObject response) {
try {
resourceValue = response.getString (“out”);

But the code enters the method dedicated to errors:

@Override
public void onErrorResponse (VolleyError error) {
VolleyLog.e (“GET onErrorResponse”);
}

The error indicated is this:

org.json.JSONException: Value 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0 : 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0 :::::::::: of type java.lang.String cannot be converted to JSONObject

It appears that the result no longer conforms to the expected JSONObject, with key “out”.

Thank you!

Hi @qsegreti, thank you for the report. We are looking into it!

Hi @qsegreti! We have released a patch on the 4.4.2 version that should fix the v2 API for accessing devices. Please, let me know if everything is working now.

1 Like

hi,

what about the sorting of tags, now it’s sorting according to alphabetic order. even it sorted before depending on which one was first at the bucket.

Hi alvarolb,
now everything seems to be working correctly.
Thank you very much for the speed of the solution!

1 Like