Planned Thinger Deployments in 2024

Hi, @alvarolb e @jaimebs

The year is almost over (it’s already September). We would like to know what new features Thinger will be implementing this year.

The RoadMap on the documentation page is not up to date. Therefore, it would be very important to know where Thinger is heading, since the success of our IoT Business equally depends on the success of Thinger.

Thank you.

There are a set of suggested improvements on the Thinger Server github that we would like to see on the development RoadMap:

We would like to obtain this information to understand where the platform’s development is heading.

For a few months now, we have been noticing the implementation of many interesting features, but some are exclusive to “Products”, such as the inclusion of the option to view the “Bucket” of Products launched in version 6.2.2.

This was a feature we suggested, but it is not available for Devices (not Products). My Thinger Server is on version 6.3.3-beta and this option does not appear for Devices (not Products).

This type of decision concerns us, as this is a feature that adds a lot to the menu navigation experience, but it is not available for Devices (not Products).

We would like to see this feature also made available for Devices (not Products), since we do not work with Products.

Our Business model is based on Projects, since we provide customized services to B2B companies. We do not work with mass sales of products. All of our devices are developed and rented to the client, as this is part of our service. We do not sell our devices.

Therefore, we would like to see the features that were made available for Products also made available for Devices (not Products), whenever possible.

We also noticed that in 2023 there was a plan to revamp the Projects functionality (Projects Manager 2.0 with individual groups (ABOUT | Thinger.io Documentation), but there is no indication of this in the 2024 roadmap. We would like to know if there are plans to improve the Thinger Projects module or if the focus is now only on Products.

Some clarification would be important so that the Thinger community knows where we are heading.

Just to mention:
Could you consider adding following widgets that I bitterly miss to Thinger.io | Open Source IoT Platform

• Radio button (chose 1 out of n options, ideally named according to a configurable array).
  • Direct value input (constrained to min … max limits).
  • Rotating arrow (0…360°) to show heading or wind direction.

I am sure not being the only one, who would benefit from these widgets.

@George_Santiago : This can currently be done with a dashboard function.

function FixValue(value, ts, series){
    return parseFloat(value.toFixed(2));
}

Thanks @SRG !

1 Like

Thanks Ringo for the suggestion.

I’ll test it and report back.

There are many interesting suggestions posted on Thinger’s Github. Some are easy to implement. However, we don’t understand why they haven’t been implemented yet, since they directly impact the User Experience.

We’d love to hear about upcoming Thinger implementations for , but so far we haven’t heard anything.