OTA upgrade timeout error

Hi folks,
I am trying to configurate the OTA upgrade in the vscode/platformio. I already changed the extension settings using my own backend and token for the device. When I try to update I got a timeout error.

Hi,

Which board are you using? how is the connection method?

Note that you have to upload the device’s firmware the first time to be able to receive the OTA update, is not enough be listened at the platformio’s list, the device should be OTA update capable already.

Hope this helps.

LilyGo T-Call SIM800 Series
Model: SIM800L IP5306 VERSION 20200811
ESP32-WROVER-B

Uhhh… I guess this device cannot be updated by GSM yet, let’s wait until they confirm that, I’ve updated successfully the ESP32 by wifi and ethernet, couldn’t update it by GSM.

According the manufacturer, this model supports UART download/OTA(Through network/host to download and write firmware).

http://www.lilygo.cn/prod_view.aspx?TypeId=50033&Id=1127

Hi,

Yes of course, I’m sure is not an issue with the hardware, I think it is related with thinger’s library that doesn’t support this communication way for OTA, because I have updated the same uC by wifi and ethernet with no issues, when I tried update it by GSM it gave me error.

1 Like

SOLVED: I just enabled on the setup()
ota.set_enabled(true);

1 Like

Awesome!

Will try on my own, thank you for the update!

BR

Hello,
Kindly share with me the code that you used to perform OTA via GSM

Hi,

That is the code you need to add into the setup function, just add that line into setup.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks. It worked.