Lora Packet Data to PSON

Evening All,

I’m extremely new to most of what I’m doing, albeit I’m an eager and enthusiastic hobbyist but I’ve really hit a wall and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

So to give you an idea of what I’m trying to achieve.

I currently have a LoRa Node taking some readings out in the field (Temp/Humidity). The Node transmits this data in a packet to a Lora Shield which is connected to an Uno.

Currently the Uno takes the packet data and spits it out to an LCD Display, however I want to turn the Packet data into a PSON for each variable (Temp/Humidity). So that I can display these on a Thinger Dashboard as opposed to an LCD, and I really have no idea where to begin with it. I have been successful in connecting the uno to Thinger but just need to get the data over it.

Any advice is welcome, and I will do my best to answer any questions anyone may have.

Thanks In Advance.

AC

Hi,

Your project seems easy, first of all I would recommend you to try to connect the Arduino Uno to the thinger platform, then when you have both process tested separately, try to integrate, so in this case I would recommend to connect an Arduino and use the example to play around with and upload a random value, as the “Millis” into the example.

Try it and let me know any doubt you may have with thinger platform at first, after you understand the basis, I will help you to integrate your particular process to interact with thinger.

Hi Ega,

Really appreciate the response.

So I have managed to connect to the thinger platform by setting up a device and matching these with the credentials in the arduino sketch.

I have also played around with setting some values on a test dashboard I created, nothing fancy.

The solution in itself is working currently so much as that the data transmission between the lora node and reciever is working and the output is displayed to an LCD.

So I essentially have all the puzzle pieces, I just don’t have a reference as to what the finished article should look like.

Thanks again.

AC

Well… You just need to identify the variable you want to upload and define an output resurce as thing["MyVar"] >> outputValue(var);, and that’s it, you should be able to look into the device’s api and able to set a bucket to start saving the value.

Hope this helps.

Ega,

Thanks for the help, I got there in the end.

On to the next challenge!