I cannot connect to thinger.io

Hi,

today I have migrated a program initially written for the ESP8266 to an ESP32.

I cannot connect to thinger.io.

Here is the log:

17:22:01.973 -> [_SOCKET] Connecting to iot.thinger.io:25202...
17:22:01.973 -> [_SOCKET] Using secure TLS/SSL connection: yes
17:22:02.821 -> [_SOCKET] Connected!
17:22:02.821 -> [THINGER] Authenticating. User: RIN67631 Device: JuntekNT
17:22:02.868 -> [THINGER] Writing bytes: 43 [OK]
17:22:02.868 -> [THINGER] Auth Failed! Check username, device id, or device credentials.
17:22:02.868 -> [_SOCKET] Is now closed!

The device JuntekNT exists for the user RIN67631 and the credentials are correct.
image
Any idea where to search, why it does not connect?

The code is straight forward:
#include <ThingerESP32.h>
ThingerESP32 thing(THINGER_USERNAME, THINGER_DEVICE, THINGER_DEVICE_CREDENTIALS);

If in setup(), I connect with thing.addWiFi or with my own WiFi connection method does not change anything.
I still get the same error.

I suppose the THINGER_DEVICE is still the name of the device in the device list and not the new device names, OK?

I have additional information:
I have supplied exactly the same device and login information to an existing ESP8266 sketch, that I use daily on many devices and got the same error behaviour.

It does not look as it were linked to the ESP32device, but looks very likely to be a hickup at the new Thinger version that interprets the device in fo like it should not.

Hi @rin67630, I think the problem is your username, it should be rin67631 instead of RIN67631.

1 Like

Maybe it is an error introduced with your second Thinger.io community account :wink:

Shame on me!
I need the week-end, Why did I make a such stupid mistake?
Thank you for your kind assistance.