Delete bucket data of specific device

HI
I have a lot of data on the bucket and this is a problem because there is different data on the bucket from different devices.

there is a way to delete only the data from a specific device’s bucket, leaving the other devices data present?

i 've plugin NodeRed but i’ve not find “delete data bucket” node .
on attach file image that you can see my data on my bucket “floor”

best regards
Dante

Hi @securlab,

There is currently no way to remove data based on tags from the data buckets, the only solution I can think of is using Node-RED flow to query the data, filter it and place it in a different data bucket.

From the picture it seems that the bucket is from a product, to which devices are associated and at the bottom of the page you can filter by device.

What issues are you encountering due to the amount of data? Product buckets are designed to handle this, and the solution may come from someplace else.

hello
i’ve also create different databucket {{device}}_fault {{device}}_debug {{device}}_call but now how i can create a product that select different data bucket for different device ?

for example on product with widget HTML TIME SERIES . how i can setting to select different databucket {{device}}_debug . now it work beacause i use a generic data bucket “debug” , and with “tag device” i can select “device” that it can change every time i select different device . ( with product dashboard)

if there is a mode to set {{device}}_debug on row that i select bucket , i can change it with different databucket

regarding the main problem is that if you see many errors on the system (on the controller) there is a habit of clearing the error memory on local controller.

if I activate a hundred devices that all write in a single bucket (with different device tags) and the data can never be deleted,

there is no risk of slowdown or overload when I display the tables in the dashboard .
because now I already see a slowdown when I select the dashboard with a tab that displays the data table but there are only 3 devices. i 've attach my tag “data table”
(with 4 table that take data from 3 different data bucket fault / debug / call : )

I have a second problem: it seems that the clone function doesn’t work for products. if I want to create a backup of my product and I try the clone function I get the following error 409(see two images attached below)

thank you
best regards
Dante

Hello @secur_lab

As of today, it is not possible to create a product bucket for each device. When manually creating one bucket for each device, the product dashboard loses the functionality of querying by device, as this query is done by the bucket tag ’ device’, So the only way I can see this working is creating a dashboard (outside products) and adding a bucket source switcher widget.

However, I’ll be honest, I doubt you see any performance gains between having one data bucket with tags vs multiple data buckets. The backend DB is built to handle time series metrics, and not so much logs, so it is very performant when doing statistics over data in a period of time, but not so much when returning the full raw data.

In our case, we have product data buckets with over +100 devices and each of them writing one data point per minute, with a dashboard built on top to visualize the metrics without any issues.

Also, another thing that may be causing your issue, is not so much the query to the data bucket but the amount of points and data loaded into your browser. To tackle this possibility, try to add aggregate functions to your dashboard charts and reduce the time window for your table/log widgets.

For the last issue regarding the cloning of products, we will take a look at it, as we haven’t been able to reproduce it when changing the id of the clone. If you find any more helpful details, please, let us know

thanks and happy new year.
Today I tried again to create a clone product it don’t work

1. select the product and set the clone
    error_clone1

2. different id & names and get this response

best regards
Dante

Hi @secur_lab

There is indeed a bug in that version of the console. We’ve implemented a fix for the next major release as well as some improvements on dashboard queries that you may also benefit from. We hope to release it soon.