Arduino nano to nodemcu8266 to thinger.io

Good day ! I’m trying to connect my Arduino Nano to Thinger using NodeMCU ESP8266 , but I don’t know how to send my data from sensors connected to Nano to ESP8266 and send it to IOT Platform. It’s a two sensor MAX30100 and MLX90614 both I2C, and also I have an 0.96 inch OLED Display, Can anybody help ? Thanks much !

Hi,

I was wondering why use the arduino nano to communicate to nodemcu? why not to read the sensors directly by the nodemcu? This is the more efficient way to solve this, the other way is to communicate both uC, by this way you need to solve how to communicate and send the variables from the nano to the nodemcu, here we can help you to upload from the nodemcu to the thinger platform.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for respond, I am using the arduino nano because I will be needing the 5v output from nano to my modified max30100 pulse oximeter. Guess I’ll just send the variables from nano to esp8266 and hope you help me yo upload it to thinger.io

Hi,

5V output from nano? you may feed the whole device with a 5V power supply, the nodemcu has already 3.3v regulator, what I would add is logic level shifters, to communicate between the sensor (at 5V) and the nodemcu (at 3.3V).

This simplifies a lot the device, with just one uC.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks bro. Can you help me on my project ? Do you have whatsapp , discord, or telegram ?

Hi,

Are you willing to pay?

1 Like

Yes brother. This is for our last year project. And me and my groupmates are willing to pay just to finish this