Arduino nano 33 IoT doesn't compile

Hi,
I am trying the example code for the nano IoT. I use the I use the thinger library 2.13.0. and the ThingerWiFiNINA.h. I get the following error message:
Arduino:1.8.12 (Windows Store 1.8.33.0) (Windows 10), Board:“Arduino NANO 33 IoT”

In file included from c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\bits\char_traits.h:39:0,

from c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\string:40,

from c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\stdexcept:39,

from c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\array:39,

from c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\tuple:39,

from c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\functional:54,

from C:\Users\Danielle Roberts\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Thinger-Arduino\src/thinger/thinger_resource.hpp:33,

from C:\Users\Danielle Roberts\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Thinger-Arduino\src/thinger/thinger.h:29,

from C:\Users\Danielle Roberts\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Thinger-Arduino\src/ThingerClient.h:28,

from C:\Users\Danielle Roberts\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Thinger-Arduino\src/ThingerWifi.h:27,

from C:\Users\Danielle Roberts\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Thinger-Arduino\src/ThingerWiFiNINA.h:28,

from C:\Users\Danielle Roberts\Dropbox\1 Projects\Wisom Interface Prototypen\IoT\Thinger2020\schort\schort.ino:1:

c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\bits\stl_algobase.h:243:56: error: macro “min” passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2

min(const _Tp& __a, const _Tp& __b, _Compare __comp)

^

c:\users\danielle roberts\documents\arduinodata\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\bits\stl_algobase.h:265:56: error: macro “max” passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2

max(const _Tp& __a, const _Tp& __b, _Compare __comp)

^

exit status 1
Error compiling board Arduino NANO 33 IoT

Can someone please tell me if and how this can be fixed? Thanks very much in advance, Danielle.

Edit: I have solved the issue by working on another PC where I installed the lastest version of the Arduino software and all the necessary libraries. I also put
#undef max
#undef min
right before
#include <ThingerWiFiNINA.h>
Without these lines the code wouldn’t compile. Hope this is helpful.

Hello @danielle_r,

Thank you very much for your contribution! We will fix this problem in the next release of Arduino libraries. Maybe it would be better calling the post “How To compile with Arduino Nano 33” or similar., I’m sure that it will be helpful for someone until we manage the update.

Best regards!