Date: 25 April 2022
Component: Arduino Library
Release Note: Add ESP32 WebConfig, Fix secure ESP8266 connections with WebConfig, and improve OTA stability.
- Fix Compiling on WiFi devices without WiFi.begin() support after adding the WebConfig compatibility on ESP32.
- Fix PORTENTA H7 compiling issue: does not implement WiFi.begin(SSID).
- Fix ESP32 WebConfig issue (showing captive portal even if it was configured previously)
- Improve ESP8266 NTP sync to be more fault-tolerant
- THINGER_NTP_SERVER can be #defined to configure NTP server (defaults to pool.ntp.org)
- THINGER_NTP_TIMEOUT can be #defined to configure NTP timeout.
- Add support for ESP32 WebConfig. Requires WifiManager from Library Manager or GitHub - tzapu/WiFiManager: ESP8266 WiFi Connection manager with web captive portal (at least version 2.0 available on master).
- Improve OTA by stopping user flows, handling timeouts, providing callbacks, etc.