4G module, simCOM A7670C

I’m trying to use the simCOM A7670C (4G module) to connect to the thinger.IO cloud, I tried using both the sim800 and the sim900 option “hoping” it will do the job, i assuming that the AT commandes for the simCom 900 is the same as the AT commands for the simCom A7670C module, but… it doesn’t work.
FYI: I tweaked the ino file a bit to fitt to the ESP32, mainlly using hardware serial of the ESP32.

Can someone have a good input on how to implement the simCOM A7670C with the thinger.IO ?

Thanks
G.H.

Hi,

Is there commuication with the uC and the modem? I would try a simple example, maybe a serial port forwarder to send AT commands to the modem to make sure that is responding to those pins.

After that I try the sketch you showed, I saw it as a workaround for the sim7000, maybe it would work with your particular modem, I havent tested it.

Hope this helps,

I share with yoy the topic when someone worked around with the sim7000 modem → How to access GPS when using ThingerTinyGSM - #3 by MarkAustin902

Hope this helps,

Hi,
Thanks for the advice!
The module is communicating with ESP32 and i’m sending text messages with no issues, the hardware is ok, i will try you proposal with the sim7000.

Hi,
i tried without success, view attached Arduino file and serial monitor window.

Thanks,
G.H.

arduino_file.cpp (2.3 KB)

Issue solved, view below minimum code needed for using the 4G simCom A7670C for communicating with the Thinger.IO platform.

Code is running on the ESP32 Dev module:

#define THINGER_SERVER “XXXX.aws.thinger.io
#define DISABLE_TLS //Required for ESP devices to prevent compile error.
#define modem Serial1
#define TINY_GSM_MODEM_SIM7600

#include <TinyGSM.h> // Rev. TinyGSM-0.12.0
#include <ThingerTinyGSM.h>

#define USERNAME “XXX”
#define DEVICE_ID “XXXX”
#define DEVICE_CREDENTIAL “XXXXX”
ThingerTinyGSM thing(USERNAME, DEVICE_ID, DEVICE_CREDENTIAL, modem);

#define APN_NAME “XXX”
#define APN_USER “XXX”
#define APN_PSWD “XXX”

void setup() {