Server side source code

Dude… You’re a rockstar, tomorrow I will try to do a clean installation on a desktop PC :wink:

Wow, many thanks for your promptly reply!
Can this packages be installed on a rasppi, or is it x86 (or x64) only?

At this moment the package is built for x64. We have compiled also the server for armhf (Rpi), checkout the following video, but have not tested it yet. It would require Ubuntu Mate or Ubuntu Core with support for snaps. Let me know if you want to test it before us!

Hi,

are the server source also provided, or is this only the binaries? Still waiting for the “open source” part of this project :confused:

Kind Regards, Kristian

1 Like

Let me first try the x64 version and then I’ll let you know. Thank you.

Making server code available is much appreciated move. Many thanks for this!
I tried to install on my server (debian), everything seems to be OK, even front page shows “Thinger.io Server is Running!”, service shows no issues, but once change the thinger.io console settings to connect my server it always says on any screen “Ooops! Cannot process your request. Error 0 (connection refused)”. What are further steps I have to do in order to connect my server?

Best Regards, Tomas

Hi @Tomas, do you have some kind of firewall blocking 80 or 443 ports?

I checked ports from the outside and they are open. But I moved a little further - checking the Chrome console, Thinger.io console tries to open several endpoints on the server, but these apparently not exists, because they are based on username I’m using on your cloud system. So should I create an user on my thinger.io server? Is this suppose to be regular unix user or is that a user record somewhere in MongoDB. You know, I just switched in thinger.io console the Thinger.io Host and then clicked Back to application, so it retains my user name…

I’m in!! Problem with MongoDB :-). Thanks for your reply anyway!

1 Like

What was the problem with your Mongodb as I seem to be having the same issue but can’t solve it.

Thanks.

I seem to have same problem with user accounts/mongodb, seems thinger database is missing. Tried to reinstall but didn’t help. Debugging app installed with this method seems quite a pain.

What is the error? did you enabled the logging to file in config? it is disabled by default. The database will not be initialized until you try to register to the platform. Check that the mongodb is installed and accessible by using some tool or testing with the mongo client.

Hi guys,

my issues with MongoDB were three kinds:

Firstly MongoDB daemon has not been started after server restarting.
Secondly I got into the situation, where either Mongo config or Mongo data were corrupted. I was able to login but not to see saved things for current user (Buckets, Dashboards etc.), so removing and reinstalling MongoDB helped to solve this.
Thirdly I was having huge issues with SSL certificate (Let’s Encrypt) access rights and connecting it to Thinger server. So at the moment I’m copying valid certificate into the structure of Thinger server, and I have to do it manually every 3 months, but it works.

In general, usually MongoDB is behind every issue, so restarting Mongo solves 90% cause of not working Thinger server.

And ofcourse when moving to your own server, you have to create a new user and configure his access. Console in thinger.io is not very straightforward with this as it retains your original username / password, which makes you think you can use the same name. But obviously you can’t - it’s completely different database.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Alvaro,

I intend build a client in asp.net. How I can make the calls using C#, you have some example?

Best,

Hi!

Please, post this question in a new topic, so we can discuss this in a proper context :slight_smile:

Bests.