Platform Version 4.5.0

[4.5.0] 2022-06-28

Added

• New administration feature called ‘Proxies’ (starting on MEDIUM instances), which allows creating custom proxies to plugins or local services, i.e, redirect TCP or UDP traffic to Node-RED (for example, for COAP devices), or provide access to local InfluxDB2 install

• New plugin InfluxDB2 (starting on MEDIUM instances, as it requires Proxies feature). It supports accessing the InfluxDB2 GUI and API for custom configurations, dashboards, alerts, ingestion, etc.

• A plugin install can now initialize any resource in the console, i.e., InfluxDB2 plugin automatically initializes a proxy

• Plugins can now be defined without a task, i.e., the InfluxDB2 plugin does not deploy any additional container

Improved

• Swagger API Generation (tested on proxies API)
  • Plugin installs from File Storages
  • Left menu now correctly displays the current selected plugin

Fixed

• Some fixes on dashboards using image widget and map widget with geofences
  • Devices API v2 not respecting the v2 specification (wrapping response inside ‘out’)
  • Loading bucket data view without access to bucket config (required for loading tags information), i.e., when a member does not have permissions for ReadBucketConfig
  • Plugins API now supports “id” query parameter, required for Plugin selector
1 Like

Fantastic! Thinger.io always innovating! Congratulations to all for the constant improvement of the platform!
The new ‘Proxies’ open up new development possibilities.

Hi @George_Santiago, thanks for the feedback!

Yes, custom proxies allow different integrations, i.e., custom APIs over Node-Red, support different protocols like COAP, etc.

Enjoy, and I have a few suggestions:

USER screen:

• Add Properties for Users to register JSON with information about email address, Telegram number, Whatsapp number, sms, Tokens for sending messages for Android or iOS…
    NOTE: This information can be used in NodeRed to send notifications/messages registered as endpoints or via API (HTTP)…

LOGIN screen:

• Option to translate the English texts of the login screen to other languages.
    NOTE: More information in this post: Change screen text of "Login" and "Forgot Password"

• Option to get smarphone token (Android, iOS…) to send targeted Push Notification to specific users

DASHBOARD screen:

• Bind the widget value to a properties or bucket variable, via JSON or dashboard.
    NOTE: It is possible to make this link with the name or description of the widget, but the suggestion is to insert this in the value fields.

• Remove unnecessary digits when viewing widgets (Time Series and Tarcometro)

• Add horizontal lines representing alert levels on time series charts.

• Night mode via button or timer/scheduler

• Add buttons to copy JSON from the Panel and color code the widgets.

NODE-RED:

• Inform the date and time in the pluging console messages/log

USER screen:

• Inform the Name, Asset Type, Asset Group and Project of the device on the screens: Status, Properties, API, Terminal…

Justification: Device identification is difficult when only the “Device_ID” is informed in the upper bar Ex: “Devices / b2d8f99bd2455dea / Properties”. Especially when using UUID rules for Device_ID.
Just a simple example (below), but it would help a lot. It would be important to reproduce the Name, Asset Type, Asset Group and Project information on the other screen: Properties, API, Terminal…
NOTE: Same information replicated also on the bucket screen

NODE-RED:
Include the “project” field/key in the “device_resource_stream” JSON:
NOTE: It would help a lot in the NodeRED flow, especially when you want to consult users linked to the Project to trigger alerts/notifications