[HELP] ESP8266 Can't Connect To Thinger.io

Hey alvarolb!

i was very stupid! :smiley: now i understand! Its perfect. I just add the Line
#define THINGER_SERVER "192.168.1.94"
and get the access to my Unbuntu server.
at the weekend i testet it successfully and now bought your RASPBERRY Image to use the Server on RASPI

Thank you for all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
i have the same problem! my esp8266 never Connect to Thinger.io
my device id and username and device credentials is correct.
here is my device DEBUG output

Are you working with cloud server or local server?

I recommend you to delete the device and create it again, taking care of the uppercase and/or lowercase of device and credential fields, and test with the example sketch just modifying this fields with previous established.

Thank u for your reply.
Iโ€™m working with cloud server.
I deleted the device and create it again & testet with the example but didnโ€™t work.

Hi,
Make sure that your username, device id, and credentials on firmware you are written is the same as in the cloud.

I was having the same issue and I was only able to authenticate by disabling TLS: https://thinger.io/securing-the-internet-of-things-adding-ssltls-support-for-the-esp8266/

#define _DISABLE_TLS_

I wonder was there a change in how code is configured to talk to the endpoint?

1 Like

Hi, is the issue โ€œAuth Failedโ€ fixed? (I get the same error message)?

Hey guys, I am currenly working on using ESP8266AT to connect to Thinger. Currently met with errors which prohibit me from connecting to Thinger. May I know the SDK and AT version that anyone has tested which is able to connect to Thinger? There are so many different versions of firmware out there, not sure which one works with Thinger platform. Its so annoying!

@JorgeTrincado Please, can you give me the solution if found it !!

ME too.
I tested removing the TSL and the connection to thing.io worked.