ESP8266 with Arduino IDE

Hi @kosi96, the server will not respond to ping… there is a firewall there blocking ping requests. Regarding your log… are you using the default Thinger.io example for NodeMCU, or just using an ESP8266 with AT commands? This log is not the default log reported by Arduino libraries enabling the debug. Can you share your sketch? Best.

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I’ve tried quite a few different sketch with no success. This is the most basic one for ESP8266 right?

Sorry for late replay, I didn’t have my PC with me during the weekend.

Hi,

yes, this is a basic example for the ESP8266. Please, enable the debug there, by adding the following sentence to the top of the file:

#define _DEBUG_

Then open the serial monitor to see what is happening there.

I did and got the same reply as the first picture I’ve posted. I have followed this link for debugging the ESP8266

Hey, having the same issues.
Sketch:
#include <SPI.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <ThingerWifi.h>

#define DEBUG

#define SSID “belkin.e3e”
#define SSID_PASSWORD “password”

ThingerWifi thing(“hotronics”, “someid”, “someid”);

void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200);
pinMode(BUILTIN_LED, OUTPUT);

thing.add_wifi(SSID, SSID_PASSWORD);

// resource input example (i.e. turning on/off a light, a relay, configuring a parameter, etc)
thing[“led”] << [](pson& in){ digitalWrite(BUILTIN_LED, in ? HIGH : LOW); };

// resource output example (i.e. reading a sensor value)
thing[“millis”] >> [](pson& out){ out = millis(); };

// resource input/output example (i.e. passing input values and do some calculations)
thing[“in_out”] = [](pson& in, pson& out){
out[“sum”] = (long)in[“value1”] + (long)in[“value2”];
out[“mult”] = (long)in[“value1”] * (long)in[“value2”];
};
}

void loop() {
thing.handle();
}

Serial output:
sta config unchangedscandone
wifi evt: 2
scandone
state: 0 -> 2 (b0)
state: 2 -> 3 (0)
state: 3 -> 5 (10)
add 0
aid 4
cnt

connected with belkin.e3e, channel 4
dhcp client start…
wifi evt: 0
wifi evt: 7
ip:192.168.2.10,mask:255.255.255.0,gw:192.168.2.1
wifi evt: 3
[hostByName] request IP for: iot.thinger.io
[hostByName] Host: iot.thinger.io IP: 18.202.4.104
:ref 1
:wr 37 0
:wrc 37 37 0
:ack 37
:rcl
:abort

I can’t see the device connected to the thinger io platform. I double checked all constants. What would you recommend I do? I’m using NodeCMU

Thats weird, I haven’t seen something like that response at serial console, by thinger debug,

Check what version of esp8266 board are you using, recently I made a fresh installation and installed last arduino ide (1.8.8), last esp8266 library (2.5.0 beta) and didn’t work, installed the previous one (2.4.2) and worked again.

I would try with other board too, and basic skecth, although you have a pretty basic sketch, to solve communication issue, after that, go to next step

Hope this helps.

I have the same problem like Apaezmx.
Your solution to use arduino 1.8.8 and library thinger.io 2.4.2 solve the problem.
Thanks !
But, unfortunately the function : write_bucket doesn’t work with this version 2.4.2…
I tried with others versions without success.

Hi @eric2, did you tried the current version from master? It solves some problem related with SSL, as we told here:

Notice that the code provided by @Apaezmx is not for ESP8266.

Thanks for your answer !
Yes, everything is working for the NodeMCU. With :

• board : the version 2.4.2 of esp8266 board (by ESP8266 community) (not the 2.5.0 - beta !!! )
  • library : the version 2.9.2 of thinger.io
  • (soft : the version 1.8.8 Arduino IDE)

Great !